[TenTec] PBT question

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] PBT question
From: ditzian@alltel.net (ditzian@alltel.net)
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 11:32:14 -0400
I have a situation similar to many Omni VI owners.  The PBT does
not seem to sound the same for USB and LSB.  I can find a spot in
the PBT tuning range where the noise sounds the same as I switch
between LSB and USB, but this does not seem to be the same
spot as where the received SSB signal sounds best, nor is it the
same place for different 6.3 filter settings.

Can someone tell me the significance of this point?  I suspect that
it is simply an artifact of the (mis)alignment, but perhaps there is
something else I should know.  Should I normally leave the PBT at
this point, unless I have to get rid of QRM?

Thank you.

73,
Jan Ditzian
KX2A