[TenTec] OMNI V Questions

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI V Questions
From: ve7asr@telus.net (Rick Williams)
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 17:46:47 -0700
Hi Tim.

Well I have an Omni V (with the 2.4 Inrads) and will give a stab at the
answers.

1) The bands have, in general, been lousy and noisy.  My suggestion is wait
until later in the year for conditions to settle down.

2) Squelch is ideal if you do any FM repeater work on 10 metres!  Otherwise
by definition the signal is there or it is squelched.  I usually have it
wide open -- but on a noisy band with a strong and steady received signal on
SSB it will work!  (I personally find it annoying on SSB.)

3) The NB is designed for pulse type ignition noise and I generally have
mine switched off.  IF the noise bothering you is pulse-type it does a fair
job but, otherwise, you're out of luck

I hope this helps.

73,
Rick