[TenTec] Modifyiing the Centaur...

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Modifyiing the Centaur...
From: James Parsons" <res075cz@gte.net (James Parsons)
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 09:14:40 -0500
I  have a Centaur I bought new from TenTec some years ago. Because of
interference to neighbors I have used it very little until now. I am now
able to use it freely and I am enjoying it. My operation is solely CW.

My problem is that durned fan! It drives me nuts and I can hear it even when
using my headsets. Surely someone else has had this problem and has done
something about it.

I would like to hear of your modifications. I thought of a fan with less CFM
mounted in the place of the original fan.  But I wonder if that last tube in
the row would get sufficient cooling? These tubes are no longer easy to
procure, and I don't want to shorten their life too much. .

I cannot use an external fan mounted on top because of my equipment
arrangement.

Thanks to all....

73 de Jim, K5ROV...

James (Jim) Parsons, K5ROV, CMSgt, USAF, Ret., San Angelo, TX
Ham for over 60 yrs. 90% CW
k5rov@arrl.net,     QCWA, ARCI, Fists, ARRL, ARMS.
EX: W1RLA, K5FBB, K4FEO, SV0WN (CRETE), SV0WN (RHODES),
DL4NC, DL4JP, KA2FC (JAPAN), KA2JP (JAPAN).
JOHN 3:16