[TenTec] Need Corsair II audio help

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Need Corsair II audio help
From: n4dd@preferred.com (Dennis Brickey)
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 23:00:10 -0400
Hello guys and thanks for the bandwidth.  I'm trying to help a friend who
has a Corsair II.  The radio appears
to be receiving signals adequately.  I say adequately based upon S-meter
movement.  The trouble is that there
is no audio at either of the headphone jacks.  There are no accessory
crystal filters installed, and I have the
crystal filter position in Number 3.  The RF gain is fully clockwise.  The
Notch control is fully clockwise, and the
AF control is fully clockwise.  There isn't even a hint of noise. No hiss,
no nothing.  I removed the one
standard filter that is installed in the radio, just for the sake of making
sure that there was a good connection.
I'm not a technical genius and at this point, I'm at aloss for which way to
proceed.  do any of you Gurus
have any suggestions?   I'd sure appreciate your assistance!!!

Oh yeah, I almost forgot.  I have checked the external receive antenna
switch and it is in the Trx position.

Thanks to all!!

Dennis Brickey/N4DD