[TenTec] Fw: Loud Hum w/Paragon I & 961

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Fw: Loud Hum w/Paragon I & 961
From: w9wis@charter.net (Michael Melland)
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 14:41:29 -0500
Eric,

My 962 has a god awful hum too and has since it was new.  I have it sitting
with foam rubber pads under the legs so it doesn't resonate under the shelf
where it's placed.  Itried tightening the transformer bolts and everything
else.  Paul at Ten-Tec told me several years ago that they had a new
supplier for the power supply transformers and they wer much louder then the
older ones for some reason.  I did have a 961 at one time and it was quieter
then my 962 though......... so you may want to try tightening the bolts.

73 de Mike, W9WIS