[TenTec] Corsair II AGC/Rcvr problems!

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Corsair II AGC/Rcvr problems!
From: k6sdw@hotmail.com (Eddy Avila)
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 13:03:28 +0000
For all the Corsair wizards out there I need some help figuring out what is
going with my receiver!

The rig was working fine until this weekend then the following problem
showed up:

AGC isn't working properly, the receiver has low sensitivity on the upper
bands (as compared to my Kenwood TS690) and the weirdest problem of all:
when I push in the RF Gain control the receiver sensitivity drops about 20db
as if the 20-db attn control has been turned on, but then when I pull it out
the attn light comes on alright but the receive sensitivity comes way up as
if the 20-db attn circuit was bypassed!! So, this circuit has suddenly
started working backwards....E G A D S!!

I'm looking for advise on where in the circuits to begin looking for the
problem....Many thanks to anyone who can provide any advice!

73.......ed