[TenTec] Model 238 Tuner problems?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Model 238 Tuner problems?
From: ac5aa@juno.com (Duane A Calvin)
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 08:58:04 -0500
Has anyone had a problem with their Model 238 tuner, especially if you
run a KW?  Just curious - I had something happen during the CQ/RJ RTTY
contest last weekend which, at first, I thought meant I'd blown another
doorknob on my vertical (oh no - - more $$$!).  Then I got a similar
indication when I switched to my G5RV.  The only common item is the
tuner.  SWR kept changing and I'd have to retune.  On 80m, it would start
low and then skyrocket.  They are different enough indications that I
might have 2 problems, but I'd like to see how others have found their
Model 238.  I've had mine for 3-4 years with not a single problem.

        73, Duane

Duane Calvin, AC5AA
Austin, Texas