[TenTec] Pegasus Tuner

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Pegasus Tuner
From: mark@microenh.com (Mark Erbaugh)
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 23:28:02 -0400
My Pegasus Tuner has lost the ability to tune my Carolina Windom 160 on
160m. It worked fine the last time I was on 160 (Sunday evening), but
tonight the best it could do was 2.7:1. I tried tweaking the manual L & C
adjustments, but couldn't do any better.  I bypassed the tuner and installed
a LDG AT-11MP tuner. It had no trouble finding a 1:1 match.

I checked the antenna with an antenna analyzer and it showed an SWR of about
3.0:1.

While adjusting the tuner manually, the clicks of the relays sounded
'weaker' than before (but that could be my imagination).

I am using the N4PY software (ver 1.51).

73,
Mark