[TenTec] Scout problems

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Scout problems
From: rohre@arlut.utexas.edu (Stuart Rohre)
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 14:42:26 -0500
For suspected RF in the power supply problems, watch out for modified Astron
power supplies.  Originally, they floated the DC minus from chassis to allow
you to determine single point of grounding of the station, and this way
works for me, ie floating minus supply from the Astron to Scout.  I use a
ground lead to wing nut ground on Scout back panel for station ground and
all is well.  But, some folks get an Astron and strap the minus bolt to
chassis at the supply, which can cause a problem with RF.

73,
Stuart K5KVH