[TenTec] Jupiter AM Problem

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Jupiter AM Problem
From: WmLB@prefer.net (WmLB@prefer.net)
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 18:25:51 -0700
I thought I would try AM mode on my Jupiter (1.09
firmware) for the first time this afternoon. I
tuned to 29.000 and connected to my dummy load. I
then hit the "Tune" button which is supposed to
activate the AM-AUTO-SET function. I observed the
power meter moving up and down between 0 and about
75 watts for quite a while  (far beyond a few
seconds). It never did return to "receive", as the
manual suggests, until I pressed the "Tune" button
a second time. I then changed to the 75M band
(around 3880) and tried again. It almost
immediately returns to receive mode.. so quickly I
am not at all sure that it did what it was supposed
to ..... in fact a quick mic check indicated that I
was getting far more then 25 watts to the dummy
load.

 I am a fairly new Jupiter owner. I am hoping
someone with a bit more experience with the rig can
offer a comment or two.

"UNITED WE STAND"