[TenTec] OMNI V Hi-Speed CW Keying

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI V Hi-Speed CW Keying
From: ivfland@meer.net (Gary N. Anderson)
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2001 17:43:47 -0500
I've got an OMNI V (actually V.9).....I usually use the rig at 20-24 WPM CW.
This weekend, I tried it at 30 WPM for SS....well into the contest (after a
LOT
of requests for fills), I monitored my Xmit output and found that the
transmitter
was occasionally either skipping a dit or "blurring" two dits into a dah.
This
does not appear in the sidetone oscillator, which sounds fine......only on
the
RF output as received by another receiver.

Before I get out the scope and go into heavy diagnostics, has anyone else
seen this?  (I always thought the rig should handle 40+ WPM with full
break-in under normal conditions.)

(BTW, I'm doing no external TR switching)

Thanks,
Gary W8IVF

        Gary N. Anderson                        Amateur Call:   W8IVF
        Green Bank, WV                                    (WAS WA4IVF)
        "Always do right.  This will gratify some people and astonish
          the rest."        Mark Twain