[TenTec] Corsair II digital readout

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Corsair II digital readout
From: geraldj@isunet.net (Dr. Gerald N. Johnson, electrical engineer)
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 09:46:37 -0600
Solder joints and crystal are suitable suspects after power supply and
aluminum electrolytics (that by now are essentially open). I don't know
what the Corsair I used for that chip, the chip in the Corsair II
counter is a Motorola 8 bit microprocessor with programming inside for
the counting and keyer tasks. It is a custom chip, possibly reproducible
with a similar chip with EPROM though I don't know about getting the
binary code to program it or if the EPROM version has the same pin out
or package. I'd think that the Corsair II counter board assembly
probably could be installed in the Corsair I but I've not tried it.

73, Jerry, K0CQ
--
Entire content copyright Dr. Gerald N. Johnson. Reproduction by
permission only.