[TenTec] 30M "freebanders"?, scratchy Argosy audio filter switch

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 30M "freebanders"?, scratchy Argosy audio filter switch
From: wb5jnc@juno.com (wb5jnc@juno.com)
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 20:19:47 EST
Greetings all,

Two items: first, are there some "freebanders"  moving in on 30M, or is
there some sort of public service allocation in other parts of the world
in that band? I heard some voice transmissions (they weren't very strong,
so I'm not totally sure what they were, but possibly in Spanish) in the
area of 10.120 this evening which definitely weren't cw or a digital
modes and wondered if anyone else had heard them and/or knew what they
were. Or is what I'm hearing some kind of image, etc. in the old Argosy?

Second, any recommendations on quieting a scratchy audio filter switch in
an Argosy (actually, both the in/out and wide/narrow switches) which puts
a "pop" in the audio on acutation? Can these be cleaned/lubricated, or is
that a "no-no"?

TNX/73, Al

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.