[TenTec] 30M "freebanders"?, scratchy Argosy audio filter switch

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 30M "freebanders"?, scratchy Argosy audio filter switch
From: James Parsons" <res075cz@gte.net (James Parsons)
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 19:52:42 -0600
I operate 30 meter CW day and night and I hear those Spanish speaking SSB
stations frequently. They are strongest at night but I do hear them during
the day also. They are never very strong. I find them all the way to the
bottom of the band up to my CW limit, which is usually around 10125. I
operate mostly at 10111  and they are on that frequency very often. But they
are never strong enough to bother our QSO and I assume the same is true of
us.

The real problem these days is on 40 meters. I hear a very strong Spanish
speaking group down around 7003, which has been traditionally the CW DX
area. But they are all over the CW portion now, day and night.

73 de Jim, K5ROV...

James (Jim) Parsons, K5ROV, CMSgt, USAF, Ret., San Angelo, TX
Ham for over 60 yrs. 90% CW
k5rov@arrl.net,     QCWA, ARCI, Fists, ARRL, ARMS.
EX: W1RLA, K5FBB, K4FEO, SV0WN (CRETE), SV0WN (RHODES),
DL4NC, DL4JP, KA2FC (JAPAN), KA2JP (JAPAN).
JOHN 3:16