[TenTec] Could be...

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Could be...
From: n5xm@alltel.net (Richard Donovan)
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 09:15:48 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C16CEC.F3041FE0

     Mike, you could be right, of course, but I am talking about some =
REAL strong stations that if they were domestic stations you'd be =
saying, "Wow, they must be running 2K". If they're foriegn, they either =
have monster antennae, or monster power, or both.  Not all are that =
strong, and strength of signal isn't so much the point, but the fact =
that this seems to happen to me at least a couple of times a day. I am =
very active, to the tune of over 200 non-contest CW contacts a month, so =
I am all over the bands, but still.  The stuff just appears out of =
nowhere.  I realize what a zoo 40m can be, but there are times, if I =
want to make a CW contact, it is the best place to go, because of the =
limits of my antenna setup. I hear a fair amount of this on 20m as well, =
but it seems to have picked up in the last month or so. I don't suppose =
it could be digital military communications over in Afganistan, could =
it? Sure it could.=20

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C16CEC.F3041FE0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#b1b1b1>
<DIV><STRONG><EM><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#000000 =
size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
Mike, you could be right, of course, but I am talking about some REAL =
strong=20
stations that if they were domestic stations you'd be saying, "Wow, they =
must be=20
running 2K". If they're foriegn, they either have monster antennae, or =
monster=20
power, or both.&nbsp; Not all are that strong, and strength of signal =
isn't so=20
much the point, but the fact that this seems to happen to me at least a =
couple=20
of times a day. I am very active, to the tune of over 200 non-contest CW =

contacts a month, so I am all over the bands, but still.&nbsp; The stuff =
just=20
appears out of nowhere.&nbsp; I realize what a zoo 40m can be, but there =
are=20
times, if I want to make a CW contact, it is the best place to go, =
because of=20
the limits of my antenna setup. I hear a fair amount of this on 20m as =
well, but=20
it seems to have picked up in the last month or so. I don't suppose it =
could be=20
digital military communications over in Afganistan, could it? Sure it =
could.=20
</FONT></EM></STRONG></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C16CEC.F3041FE0--