[TenTec] 238 Tuner Question

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 238 Tuner Question
From: w4foa@voy.net (B. J. "Tony" Martin)
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 09:16:15 -0500
Jeff,
The 238 originally came with one (possibly two) 1000pf (.001) 1 KV
capacitor(s) (mica or ceramic) which could be added where you now have a
wire.  If you are not using the external capacitor, there should be no
connection.

This extra capacitance is typically not required except for matching
a difficult (low impedance) antenna system on 160 meters.

Good Luck,
Tony, W4FOA