[TenTec] Omni-D signal warbling?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni-D signal warbling?
From: gbutzlaff@wi.rr.com (Glenn Butzlaff)
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 12:01:27 -0600
I just took possesion of an Omni-D series B that has what I would describe as a
warble when tuning a signal, most notably a CW
signal. I have noticed some backlash on the PTO, but even after stopping on a
signal, the frequency fluctuations dont stop right
away. The display varies with the fluctuations. If I switch to the remote VFO,
the problem goes away. Is this a sign of a PTO
rebuild in the making, or should I start looking for another problem. I did get
a PTO rebuild kit with the rig that was intended for
the remote VFO, which is actually fine. Any info would be appreciated. TIA.

Glenn Butzlaff, WE9K