[TenTec] Omni VI volume control

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI volume control
From: laussana@epm.net.co (Jorge A Mejia)
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 15:24:35 +0000
Hi all

When I move the volume control of my two months old Omni VI Plus, either
up or down  there are certain points where I get a bad "crushing" noise
which is annoying specially while wearing headphones .Does anybody have
any sugesstions other than  Replacing the pot? I tryed to expose the
center shaft of the pot to spray it with contact cleanear (from the
front panel) but all I could do was to take  the center plastic knob off
( held by a hex screw) ; I could not remove the gray plastic iner ring
(the rf gain knob) Has anyone tryed to replace the pot, I would very
much appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you

Jorge HK4CZE