[TenTec] Omni V "swish"

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni V "swish"
From: k2zn@rochester.rr.com (Al Scanandoah)
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 21:38:21 -0500
Roy Koeppe wrote:

There are some. The factory provided me with a free upgrade kit which
eliminated a "swishing" sound in the received audio which occured when
QRN modulated the AGC. This was especially a problem in CW mode, on
lower bands.

Also there was a mod kit which lowered receiver audio hiss--I
installed both at the same time on the kitchen table. They had 'names'
but I
can't remember them any longer. The factory should recognize these
updates
by description. They are a MUST--performance was greatly improved.

Does anyone know the specifics of these mods?  I contacted the factory
some time back, but it appears that the recipe has been lost.

Tnx - Al, K2ZN