[TenTec] ADMIN: Recent Virus Problems

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] ADMIN: Recent Virus Problems
From: jmlowman@directvinternet.com (Jim Lowman)
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 12:41:02 -0800
This morning, along with the usual amount of spam that bounced to me
instead of flooding the list, were messages from several ISPs that a
message sent from this list contained a virus.

To prevent this from happening again, until we get a resolution to
the problem of attachments, I have placed the list in moderated mode
so that I can inspect everything that is destined for the list.  I
will try to keep up the pace on approving messages for posting so that
we don't have an excessive time delay.

In the past, attachments were stripped from messages at the server
and such messages were bounced to me.  This also took care of the
HTML problem.  When we switched from Majordomo to Mailman, this
seems no longer to be happening.

I've sent a message to the server owner, asking for his help.

In the meantime, please bear with us and we'll try to get back to
regular viewing mode as soon as possible.

73 de Jim - AD6CW
Listadmin for tentec@contesting.com