[TenTec] Spurious 147.495 MHz signal from RX320

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Spurious 147.495 MHz signal from RX320
From: mark@microenh.com (Mark Erbaugh)
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 08:04:57 -0500
Lately while tuning around 2m, I have noticed a very strong signal on
147.495. It was definitely local to my house and in my office was full scale
on the HT's meter. Snooping around, I discovered that it coming from the
power cube for my RX320. This is the TT cube that comes with the receiver.
It was full scale 6 feet or more from the cube. The RX320 was on as I
usually leave it on as per the suggestion in the manual. When I switched off
the RX320, the noise dropped but didn't go away, so I assume that its
strengthe is related to current draw. Has anyone else noticed this? Is my
power supply defective?  T

73,
Mark