[TenTec] Omni V operation

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni V operation
From: w8keb@1st.net (Ken & Linda Burrough)
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 09:29:30 -0500
Hi Tim

Well Tim, I use the RF Gain control on my Omni VI Plus when the need is
there.  What I mean is, if the band is noisy or the station is weak then
turning down the rf gain does bring down the background noise down and lets
me work the station much easier.  I use the rf gain on my Omni C and Pegasus
the same way.  Turning down the RF Gain Control can not be considered
cheating, only that you are using everything your rid has to get the job
done under all conditions.

I think it is great the you passed the Extra Test and then learned CW.  CW
is one of the fun things in Ham Radio that not everyone is will to learn
anymore.  By the way, I passed my Extra Test 18 years ago today in
Longbeach, Ca.  I am on CW every day and always have been.

KEN/W8KEB
USAF Retired
Flushing, Ohio
w8keb@arrl.net
All Outgoing Mail Checked by Norton AntiVirus 2002