[TenTec] Evolution

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Evolution
From: jimr.reid@verizon.net (Jim Reid)
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 09:56:43 -1000
> The Omni Six has already celebrated its 10th birthday and, amazingly, it's
> still in production.   With few exceptions, what other transceiver can
claim
> a successful ten-year production history?

Are there any good reviews about the 340 on the web?

And,  has not the Yaesu FT-1000 been around for at least
10 years now;  I assume it is still being built as the ham
stores still list them in the catalogs.  D version of the 1000
is,  of course,  a creation of Yaesu America's marketing;
simply a basic 1000 with several added accessories pre-
installed in America.  There are no 1000D drawings,  etc.
at  the Yaseu (now Vertex Standard Japan) factory in
Japan,  or so I am told.

Maybe I should now sell off some of my stuff around here,
and look seriously at an RX-340?  Wonder if it can be
T/R'd with my Omni VI+?

73,  Jim  KH7M