[TenTec] RX350 question

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] RX350 question
From: mark@microenh.com (Mark Erbaugh)
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 07:17:07 -0500
Tim,

Have you looked at the TT RX-320? While it requires a computer, it is a lot
less expensive ($295). With a decent antenna (a requirement for any
reciever) it is an excellent receiver. There are also several 3rd party
software programs available for it as freeware. One of the ones I found
implements true synch AM by using the computer soundcard and tracking the
audio frequency. It does work Since the RX-320 already has a line out jack,
all that is required is a cable from that to the computer soundcard and that
is supplied with the radio.

There is also software available that interfaces to popular SWL radio
databases. All you have to do is look up the station in the database, click
on the entry and the RX320 will tune it.

With the RX-320 connected to my vertical ham band antenna, reception is
close to that of my Pegasus. I'm not a serious SWL, but I can copy most of
the ham stations that I can copy with the Pegasus.

Mark