[TenTec] PSK Interface

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] PSK Interface
From: kc8wr@bright.net (Mike)
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 09:36:40 -0500
Rick,

I would suggest using an interface.  Makes life a whole lot easier and VOX
is not the best way to key your Omni V for the digital modes.  Recently I
have built 4 different interfaces, one from the internet, one from a QST
article, one a homebrew and one a kit I bought on the internet.

In my opinion, the kit I bought on the internet is the best one I have
found.  It is called a RASCAL interface.  For those not interested in
building kits or melting solder and burning flesh, the RASCAL is available
assembled.

The reason I like it so well, ALL the cables come ASSEMBLED, you don't have
to spend an afternoon building cables.  They are RIG SPECIFIC!  Their model
R-TTOMNI is for the Omni V and Omni VI and late model Paragon.  It is a PLUG
and PLAY interface!  All the connections to the Omni(s) mentioned is
through the connections on the back of the rig.  You do not have to un-plug
the mic, plug in the cables....then remove everything later to unclutter the
operating position.  Plug in the interface, the only thing you might plug in
and then unplug is the serial cable to the computer.

Either buy the kit or buy the assembled interface.  Gives you the choice and
assembled they are HALF the price of the others available and you get all
the cables pre-assembled no matter if you buy the kit or the assembled
version.  The kits are about HALF the price of their assembled interfaces.

Of course all of this is just my opinion.  And the standard disclaimer
applies here I do not have any financial interest in ANY amateur business.
Although as many $$ as I have spent on equipment my wife believes I do!

Check out the following web site www.BUXcomm.com or for the SPECIFIC
interface OMNI V http://www.packetradio.com/psk.htm#Ten Tec
look at the R-TTOMNI.  You can also read the reviews at eham.net on the
BUXcom interfaces.