[TenTec] Tone(s) on Pegasus receive

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Tone(s) on Pegasus receive
From: w5yr@att.net (George, W5YR)
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2002 10:25:41 -0600
Dan, the Jupiter must be a remarkable radio indeed.

> I took mine to Ten Tec and showed them what I was talking about and how
> reloading ver. 1.4 would make them go away. They acknowledged they where
> there but made measurements and said the birdies where below the noise
> floor and within spec and I believe them.

How come you are hearing the birdies or whatever if they are below the
noise floor of the receiver?

Not yanking your chain, just curious as to how anything below the noise
floor can be heard, or for that matter, even detected and measured.

72/73, George W5YR - the Yellow Rose of Texas   QRP-L 1373 NETXQRP 6
Fairview, TX 30 mi NE of Dallas in Collin county EM13qe SOC 262 COG 8
Amateur Radio W5YR, in the 56th year and it just keeps getting better!
Icom IC-756PRO #02121  Kachina #91900556  IC-765 #02437

All incoming and outgoing email virus-checked by Norton Anti-Virus 2002