[TenTec] New Firmware/Jupiter Problem ( FOLLOWUPREPORT)-flash upgrade

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] New Firmware/Jupiter Problem ( FOLLOWUPREPORT)-flash upgrade
From: crobson@robsonco.com (Chris Robson)
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 16:02:37 -0500
Maybe I am a little confused, but if a ham buys a Jupiter to run in the
Pegasus mode, why not buy a Pegasus?  Both very fine equipment, but I like
the fact that I am not computer dependent to run my radios. Version 1.09
has been very good for my everyday operation. Until I see a big improvement
in how the rig operates in the Jupiter mode, I see no reason to change at
this point until the bugs are worked out. I have found that I love working
the Jupiter for everyday QSOs and DXing over my Omni 6+,except during
contest, then I'm in front of the Omni since my contesting software is
interfaced with it, and it is by far better suited for contesting.
I haven't jumped from 1.09 yet, guess I don't like to be the pacesetter
when it comes to hamming, I get enough frustration from work.
Just my 2 cents worth.
73, Chris KB3A