[TenTec] Ten Tec External Speakers

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Ten Tec External Speakers
From: wb2vuf@qsl.net ( Bob, WB2VUF)
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 15:02:13 -0500
Dave (and group),

I can't speak for the Pegasus or the Jupiter, but I have had very good
luck with my Corsair I,  Paragon I and Scout using a Motorola mobile
speaker sold by Hosfelt Electronics.

The speaker is 5 1/2 inches, 8 ohms and will handle 8 watts. It is in a
heavy duty black plastic sealed case.

Hosfelt sells these for $ 14.95 each or $ 12.95 for a case of 18. The
part number is HSN4024A. Hosfelt's phone number is 800-524-6464. I think
that they have a web site, too.

Voice and CW clarity is excellent, and there are no funny case
resonances.

If you want to improve the quality of an existing Ten Tec power supply
speaker setup, cut up a round plastic food storage container to fit over
the back of the speaker cone, stuff it with cotton and tape it in place
inside the speaker cabinet. This will stop the cabinet from resonating
and vibrating at certain CW tones, though I have only had this problem
with the aluminum cased power supplies.

                                73,

                                Bob WB2VUF