[TenTec] OMNI VI+ DISCONTINUED - NEW "ORION" LATE SUMMER

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI VI+ DISCONTINUED - NEW "ORION" LATE SUMMER
From: jimr.reid@verizon.net (Jim Reid)
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 11:14:41 -1000
Dennis wrote,  in part:

> Just visited the Tentec factory today to check out the special
> deals....
> Omni VI plus has been discontinued and will be
> replaced by....ORION....  I did see a faceplate
> template.  It is going to be AWESOME!!!

Similar thing happened to me back in 1968.  Was at the
Sindelfingen plant to pick up my brand new Mercedes
250SE sedan.  Was given the "royal" tour of the entire
factory.  Down in the final QC inspection area,  I saw
something different:  a couple of vehicles carrying a
280SE tag??  What was that,  I asked.  "Oh just some
factory demos" or some such I was told.

After I was home with the new car for a couple of months;
my model was discontinued,  and out came the "all new"
280SE models,  which solved the obvious ( to me after
I had had the 250SE for a short time) underpowered
performance of the 250!!  Low RPM torque was wanting
in  the 250SE,  even with fuel injection . Of course it still
would cruise plenty quick,  hi.  The 280 was essentially the same
engine,  just bored out a bit for larger pistons.  However, I
was quite upset...but  absolutely nothing I could do about it.

Drove the 250SE for nearly 200,000 miles,  then passed it
on to my son in college at the time.  He drove it on another
50K or so miles.  So,  we got our value from it,  hi.  Cost
in Sindelfingen in '68?  Only $4300 US!  That was a bit
of inflation ago (30+ years worth).  Anyway,  if you have just
purchased an Omni VI+,  it will also remain a great vehicle for
your hobby for years to come!

BTW,  am still learning my way around my new Pegasus/
RX-340/N4PY 21st Century super Ten Tec station.  The
RX-340 is awesome,  to say the least!  And Carl's software
puts lots of icing on the "cake",  hi.  Wonder how much of Pegasus
and the 340 rcvr might find its' way into Orion?

73,  Jim  KH7M