[TenTec] RF spike, dual VFO, variable bw comments

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] RF spike, dual VFO, variable bw comments
From: csturner@falcon.csc.calpoly.edu (Clark Savage Turner)
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 13:23:46 -0800 (PST)
On Tue, 22 Jan 2002, Chuck wrote:

> >6)  Variable bandwith tuning instead of passband tuning - I assume this

> John, you'll just have to find a used Cubic Astro-103 to get this.

I don't understand this, lots of current rigs use VBT.  It is quite a nice
feature compared with PBT.  VBT allows you to narrow the overall bandwidth
from the front panel (slope tuning on the kenwood rigs). PBT does a
similar thing from only one side of the slope.  It can work effectively
with narrow filters, but for SSB the VBT is much more effective for big
QRM conditions.

Clark
WA3JPG