[TenTec] ORION - coming in 2002

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] ORION - coming in 2002
From: bstephens1@mindspring.com (robert k stephens)
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 19:44:58 -0500
The Orion sounds like a rig I would love . Unfortunately, I just don't have
enough green  <sigh>

I don't suppose there is a sufficient market for the rig I want and could
almost afford - excellent receive, clean smooth audio, low power ? (a 516
plus ?)

.5 to 20 watts out
most of the Orion receiver but without any extras.
I'd like to pay $1500 but would still be tempted at $2000 . Would I be the
only customer or would anyone else buy this ?

well, I  can wait for the used market ... ;-)

73, Bob KB1CIW

At 03:07 PM 1/25/02 -0500, you wrote:

>Hello:
>
>Thought it might be time for some comments from Ten-Tec directly
>about the ORION - I waited a couple of days on purpose just to see
>what initial feedback we'd get about the rig without any information
>coming from us.  Thanks.
>
>SNIP>
>
>ORION will be a true dual receive HF transceiver.  We anticipate
>that the receiver performance will exceed the Omni-VI Plus and all
>of the currently available Japanese HF transceivers.
>
>Main receiver is amateur radio bands only, utilizing both analog and
>IF-DSP stages, 10-160 meters. Sub receiver is IF-DSP,
>general coverage.

SNIP>