[TenTec] Orion tech specs

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion tech specs
From: n4lq@iglou.com (Steve Ellington)
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 20:25:31 -0500
Yes the original Omni 6 had DSP and was used a low pass filter to "tone
down" the hiss from the IF amplifiers. Prior to that, the Omni 5 used a
simple tone control.
So that was 1990. About all I can remember that had any form of DSP in those
days was the TS-850's DSP outboard adapter which was an expensive little
box.
Steve Ellington
N4LQ