[TenTec] Orion

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion
From: ea3gaz@terra.es (F. Xavier Segura)
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 00:50:46 +0100
From: "F. Xavier Segura" <ea3gaz@terra.es>
To: "Ten-Tec" <tentec@contesting.com>

Passion may be the word to describe my feelings about Ten-Tec, mainly
Omni V, VI, VI+ that I use on a daily basis for years now, prior to a
bunch of radios of my collection. Not a joke; I prefer my Omni VI+ for
my Ham Radio than my Racals, Collins, Drakes, Redifon, Rohde & Schwarz,
not to mention my Icoms or Kenwoods.
About next Orion, we need an uncompromised outstanding receiver, no
trades here.
As many goodies as needed for basic use, no rings and bells as jap's do.
One very important issue now and more in future, (REMOTE CONTROL) say:
pstn, wireless, internet.... . Simply to survive in an every day more
unfriendly environement (antennawise).  Kachina was one very brave &
important step ahead on that concern. I keep mine fully operational, but
unfortunately was discontinued.

mni tnx es 73,

Frank   EA3GAZ

Barcelona - Europe