[TenTec] Anyone Using W2IHY 8 Band Equalizer w/TT ?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Anyone Using W2IHY 8 Band Equalizer w/TT ?
From: csturner@falcon.csc.calpoly.edu (Clark Savage Turner)
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 18:14:05 -0800 (PST)
On Tue, 29 Jan 2002, Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX wrote:

> Don't know why one would want to.

Many don't understand why anyone would want to use CW, either.  To each
his own :-) .  I like both CW and fuller sounding SSB.

> A smooth responding mike (not a Heil) and a properly adjusted processor and
> mike gain on the Omni VI+ and a correctly driven amp will provide all the
> punch you will need.  The Tentec 705 is a very good mike.  It's performance

If you're looking for punch, absolutely.  If you're looking for really
smooth audio SSB, the W2IHY box is helpful.  There are some guys using
equalizers with Ten Tec rigs, just get on the Ten Tec net on Sundays, I'll
bet you run into one of them.  I know Jay, KM6VX, gets really nice sound
from his OMNI V (INRAD 2.8 filter) using an equalizer (not the IHY
though).

> supplied.  Sony makes a wind screen for their ECM-44 that with slight
> modification does fit very nicely on the 705.  There's wind screens and then
> there's things that "look like" wind screens.  They have different acoustic
> properties.  I know, I have a Sony EMC-44 on my 705.  The Sony part number
> is X-2523-603-0.

Good info.  I want to fit another windscreen to my 705, which, with my
INRAD 2.8 filters, seems to do a very nice job as far as "good" (nicer
than average) audio (without going as far as some of those nuts out
there :-)

Clark
WA3JPG