[TenTec] Corsair II problem

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Corsair II problem
From: k6sdw@hotmail.com (Eddy Avila)
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2002 18:05:50 +0000
Hi Lee....I too had power output problems when I bought a used Corsair II
off of eBay (of course, advertised as working perfectly -- but then that's
another eBay story!)....finally discovered the problem: Several components
in the low-level RF driver stages had never been soldered to the circuit
board....I mean, never!!!! I guess I had the Monday-morning built rig!
Anyway, soldered driver transistors and other components to board now have
tons of drive and output!!

By-the-way, I did everything you have already done but somehow kept
overlooking the problem on the driver board.......Old age, I guess...HI!

Just my experience........you've indicated you already checked that board so
what I would do now is make an RF sniffing tool (oscilloscope would be great
here!) and start following the signal from the beginning to end....good
luck. 73..../k6sdw