[TenTec] N4PY'S JUPITER SOFTWARE

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] N4PY'S JUPITER SOFTWARE
From: mark@microenh.com (Mark Erbaugh)
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 16:45:27 -0500
Tim,

There is nothing that PC based control software can do to affect any of the
Rx parameters that are listed on the Elecraft site. That performance is
controlled entirely by the hardware and firmware in the Jupiter. TenTec has
not provided any instructions for modifying the firmware inside the radio,
just how to control the radio from a PC.

However, TenTec has released a couple of firware updates in the past month
that were designed to improve receive problems. They may have affected the
Rx numbers. As you probably know, the Jupiter's firmware is flashable and
you can update it to the latest version with software available on the TT
website.

73,
Mark