[TenTec] 756PRO/OMNI's - noise level and comfort

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 756PRO/OMNI's - noise level and comfort
From: cyr999@extremezone.com (cyr999@extremezone.com)
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 15:05:42 -0700 (MST)
Hi folks -

As I continue my side-by-side A/B test of my OMNI V.9 and a new ICOM 756PRO I
am
beginning to wonder if the overall noise level on the 756 is somewhat higher
than the OMNI and if the "dsp" sound is a bit more fatiguing over time. I
could,
of course, be hallucinating.....so I am curious about other's experiences as
ops
- not in the lab - but after sending and receiving code for an hour or so.
These
subtlties can sometimes be confusing and you wind up chasing your own tail!

Never had a rig with a fan before - new experience to have the keyer turn on
the
fan! Just curious about your experiences. Thanks, Tim Logan KB7OEX