[TenTec] Pegasus Filtering

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Pegasus Filtering
From: n9dg@yahoo.com (Duane Grotophorst)
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 07:12:50 -0800 (PST)
--- Carl Moreschi <n4py@earthlink.net> wrote:

> If the DSP code were improved to make this filter
> have steeper skirts, the propagation delay through
> the filter would be too long for QSK operation.
> I believe the speed of the DSP microprocessor
> and constrants imposed on full QSK limit
> the filter to its current value.

Wouldn't it be a nice firmware enhancement to offer
additional "modes" that provide for sharper filter
skirts, even if it means not using QSK in those
instances? There are times where fast RX/TX switching
simply isn't important but having extremely narrow
steep skirted filters are. Keep in mind I'm thinking
in terms of adding additonal modes/filters not
replacing any of the current ones.

Duane
N9DG