[TenTec] Orion Preview

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion Preview
From: n4lq@iglou.com (Steve Ellington)
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 18:29:45 -0500
Holy DSP Batman! We will be begging for QRM just to try this thing out.
Don't forget, PSK31 ops need those narrow cw filters while in SSB mode. It
will be nice to be able to monitor signals on the waterfall over a 2 khz
range with one receiver while using the 250 hz xtal filter and about 40 hz
bw of dsp with the other receiver. Wild stuff indeed. I might have to try
one of these. Just be sure the QSK has a "transparent" sound. No clicks,
thumps or pops. I want to hear myself in the monitor just like I listening
to another station. It sounds like you're on the right track with the cw
rise time adjustment. Hopefully the note is perfectly pure.

Steve Ellington
N4LQ

When two wrongs don't make a right, try three.