[TenTec] TT Listening ?/ Orion

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] TT Listening ?/ Orion
From: k8vt@ameritech.net (Carter Grabarczyk)
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 12:00:06 -0500
Preamble/Disclaimer:

Before you turn on your flame throwers, I love TT and have been a
(mostly-see below) happy owner of an Omni VI+ (Option 3) and Centurion
since 1994 and will most likely upgrade to the Orion.

When building the new $3300 Orion, please, Please, PUH-LEZE spend
another five bucks for a handful of .001 bypass caps, rf chokes and
ferrite beads.
NO RFI issues please. Yes, I have a bit of RF in the shack and no, I
can't change the location of the antenna without buying a new lot and
house. (Other radios work here in the same RF environment with no rfi
problems, why not TT?)

While we are on the subject, hopefully the synthesizer board will be
designed properly- wide ground traces on the board, bypass capacitors,
ferrite beads and other fixes already discussed here so we can avoid the
"birdie issue".

Sorry to be a grouch and bring this up, but both issues have been an
on-going topic on this reflector for quite some time and no one else has
put it on their Orion wish list. It seems that NOW would be the time to
address these potential problems,  BEFORE the assembly line gets cranked
up to full speed...

**See paragraph (1) above**

A loyal TT fan/owner,

73/Carter/K8VT