[TenTec] Orion Aesthetics Comment

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion Aesthetics Comment
From: k8vt@ameritech.net (Carter Grabarczyk)
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2002 09:23:35 -0500

Paul Morawski wrote:

> All --
>
> Maybe I'm alone on this one, but I find the notion of a
> piece of comms gear with gold trim to be a bit ostentatious.
> Seems more appropriate for 1960s stereo gear.
>
> Comments?

No, you're not alone. You say "ostentatious", I say "tacky". Definitely
NOT the look for a $3300 radio. You and Ron are right on the mark.

At the very least, lose the gold (or silver) trim. At best--and here is
a novel idea-- why not maintain the TT gray? Looks professional and will
match many existing TT amps, tuners, etc. The Orion technical specs are
so spectacular, please don't ruin it with cheesy looks.

73/Carter/K8VT
a loyal TT owner/fan