[TenTec] Orion: A few thoughts.

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion: A few thoughts.
From: n2ka@optonline.net (Arthur Bernstein)
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2002 21:06:33 -0500
I've been reading the ongoing thread about the soon to be released
Orion. It sure does sound like it will be a hot radio. I own an OMNI VI
(Ver.3) and will not likely be buying an Orion. Not in the budget. There
are many around for whom this radio is in theiir budget.
I think the color scheme, though not what we are used to with the OMNI ,
Paragon, Corsair, etc. series, is an attempt to woo NON TENTEC owners
toward Tentec. I've heard numerous responses to Tentec cabinetry/color
schemes, that they look "cheesy", "not sexy enough" (I've never regarded
radios as sexy-is there something wrong with me?), don't look like "real
radios", they are "toys." YadaYadaYada!!
We all know that's not the case. We know what's under the hood is what
counts. Try convincing the others that's what Tentec is all about. The
coloration does look like a bit of gunmetal or crackle, a bit like my
old Murch UT-2000B Transmatch.
My first impression after looking at the jpeg image was, "hey, that
looks something like a 1000MP!" For me color is not of much importance.
The large gold color dial skirts do look a bit out of place.
Just a few thoughts.
73,
Art, N2KA
I hope ICOM , Yaesu, Kenwood will not upstage us. I've heard of
something new on the horizon for one of them.