[TenTec] Carl, Pmni, 756 etc

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Carl, Pmni, 756 etc
From: w5yr@att.net (George, W5YR)
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 10:48:08 -0600
Carl, just one question:

Does the 340 have a DSP dynamic range of only 40 db? Or is that a typo?

The PRO uses 24-bit AD/DA data which yields a theoretical 6*24 = 144 db
overall range. Toss out the LSB in dither and noise and you are left with
138 db of digital dynamic range.

Is this the figure you intended instead of "40 db?"

A 40 db range corresponds to an effective data sample length of about six
bits . . .

73/72/oo, George W5YR - the Yellow Rose of Texas
Fairview, TX 30 mi NE of Dallas in Collin county EM13qe
Amateur Radio W5YR, in the 56th year and it just keeps getting better!
QRP-L 1373 NETXQRP 6 SOC 262 COG 8 FPQRP 404 TEN-X 11771 I-LINK 11735
Icom IC-756PRO #02121  Kachina 505 DSP  #91900556  Icom IC-765 #02437

All outgoing email virus-checked by Norton Anti-Virus 2002