[TenTec] OMNI V rx hiss.

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI V rx hiss.
From: MW0CDO" <gw7lhi@hotmail.com (MW0CDO)
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 21:06:57 -0000
Hello list!

I have an Omni V model 562 serial No. 23a 10489.

I am interested in the production modification below:

Be sure they did the one mentioned in *QST*'s review (Nov 1990 *QST*, p =
33) under the Rough Edges subhead. That one, "incorporated into all =
production units since the spring of 1990," bears directly on just the =
type of hiss you mention.

I find that the radio does exhibit the hiss mentioned, which appears to =
have something to do with the AGC. With AGC off, the hiss is gone, but =
with AGC on there is a hiss present, which is most pronounced on signals =
in the range S1 to S5 on the meter.
The same hiss can be heard by adjusting the RF gain control to between 3 =
o' clock and midday positions, especially if a dummy load is connected.

Any information would be appreciated!

Thanks and 73.. Paul MW0CDO in Port Talbot South Wales UK.

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---