[TenTec] Orion power output

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion power output
From: w9ac@arrl.net (Paul Christensen)
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 07:11:13 -0500
> > Thank you.  That verifies what I thought I knew to be true.
>
> One dB (not 3dB) is the smallest level increase recognized by the
> human ear, whatever that means. This applies to only a single tone
> with no noise or interference.

The 1 dB single-tone acoustical differential  is 1) a measurement of Sound
Pressure Level (SPL) by the ear and is not referenced to R.F. level, and 2)
is only approximate and is a function of audio frequency.

I do not know of any researchers in the field of psychoacoustics who test
the human ear with R.F.

-Paul, W9AC