[TenTec] Mute on tune (Jupiter)

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Mute on tune (Jupiter)
From: w5yr@att.net (George, W5YR)
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 10:29:14 -0600
Don't have one, Brian, but seems like you could put the rig in AM or RTTY
mode and do a manual PTT to output a carrier for the tuner. That way you
would not hear the CW sidetone which I presume is what is making all that
racket when you use the Tune button.

You are correct, though - I would expect that the sidetone would be
automatically muted during Tune unless it was left on to remind the op what
he was doing (?).   <:}

73/72/oo, George W5YR - the Yellow Rose of Texas
Fairview, TX 30 mi NE of Dallas in Collin county EM13qe
Amateur Radio W5YR, in the 56th year and it just keeps getting better!
QRP-L 1373 NETXQRP 6 SOC 262 COG 8 FPQRP 404 TEN-X 11771 I-LINK 11735
Icom IC-756PRO #02121  Kachina 505 DSP  #91900556  Icom IC-765 #02437

All outgoing email virus-checked by Norton Anti-Virus 2002