[TenTec] RE: Omni V Fm'ing

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] RE: Omni V Fm'ing
From: kd9bo@mac.com (Steve Weber)
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 08:57:36 -0600
Hello Carl and the group.

Does this regulation quirk exist in the Delta II? I have tried to use
it mobile with little success. My Ford Aerostar has the infamous
noisy electric fuel pump.  If the motor is running the rx is swamped
with pump noise and the rig is virtually unusable, but if the motor
is off, it hears just fine but I get reports of a very badly
distorted signal.  Maybe going below a voltage threshold is messing
up the xmit?  I went to a lot of effort to do the antenna right and
it is really disappointing to have a virtually unusable setup!

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Steve KD9BO

--
Steve Weber

I want to know how God created the world.?
I am not interested in this or that phenomenon,
in the spectrum of this or that element.
I want to know His thoughts; the rest are details.

   --Albert Einstein--