[TenTec] Centurion in the new lineup

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Centurion in the new lineup
From: k5uj@hotmail.com (Rob Atkinson, K5UJ)
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2002 14:47:57 +0000
Hi everyone:

I think it's a given that as twin 3-500 linears go, you can't beat the
Centurion.  Even with the recent price increase it's still a bargain with
what you get standard with it compared to the competing 3-500 amps out
there.  The Centurion face was designed to fit in with the Omni line and
earlier rigs such as the Corsair II.  I'm hoping TT doesn't discontinue it
(it's also a great first-time amp; very forgiving of operator boo boos) and
I'm wondering about its future since the line of tan rigs has come to an
end.  A redesign into a black box to match the Jupiter/Orion?  Any ideas?

Rob Atkinson
K5UJ
St. Charles IL
k5uj@hotmail.com