[TenTec] VibroPlex Code Warrior Jr. problems

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] VibroPlex Code Warrior Jr. problems
From: w5yr@att.net (George, W5YR)
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2002 09:35:13 -0500
Bob, when I bought my VibroKeyer many years ago, it was intermittent in
operation. I finally found that the contacts to ground for each paddle were
made through the axle contact with the supporting bearings. This was just
not adequate. So I ran short lengths of tiny braid from each paddle to the
base ground terminal and that cured that problem.  I am not familiar with
how the key you have is made, but try putting clip leads on each paddle
back to ground and see if that helps the problem. Each lever is supposed to
be connected to paddle ground and an intermittent connection can result in
all manner of odd effects. The contact back through the bearings was
insufficient in my case.

73/72/oo, George W5YR - the Yellow Rose of Texas
Fairview, TX 30 mi NE of Dallas in Collin county EM13qe
Amateur Radio W5YR, in the 56th year and it just keeps getting better!
QRP-L 1373 NETXQRP 6 SOC 262 COG 8 FPQRP 404 TEN-X 11771 I-LINK 11735
Icom IC-756PRO #02121  Kachina 505 DSP  #91900556  Icom IC-765 #02437

All outgoing email virus-checked by Norton Anti-Virus 2002