[TenTec] Inrad Mod in OMNI VI

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Inrad Mod in OMNI VI
From: w3uls@3n.net (John Rippey)
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 23:04:30 -0400

         I am interested in installing the $15.00 Inrad audio mod on the IF/AF
board in my OMNI VI and wonder what type of tools--soldering iron,
etc.--should be used to replace the original capacitors and resistor with
the ones Inrad has supplied? I take it that my OMNI VI (c. 1995) uses
circuit board, not surface mount, construction?

        I'm going to ask my wife to do the work for three reasons: she is ten
years younger, has better eyes, and enjoys much greater manual dexterity
(she is a beader).

        Any advice would be appreciated before I (she) tear(s) into the radio.

73,
John, W3ULS